If you’re a pro gamer, you’ll agree with the fact that Motherboard is an incredibly important piece of hardware that ties your gaming rig together.
Experienced PC builders always prefer an excellent Motherboard to build up a gaming PC.
Your processor needs a compatible motherboard. This is a must! And you need to keep in mind the number of RAM slots provided in the motherboard at the time of buying if you want to play games that contain higher graphics.
But what about some bling in the motherboard itself to suit your whole Gaming RIG. Yes, there are options by which you can amp up your PC building game by adding RGB lights.
Nowadays, RGB Motherboards are trending in the world of gaming PCs, and you must know which ones are the Best RGB Motherboards in 2022 if you’re planning to build up a gaming PC.
Best RGB Motherboard For Gaming PC
Here in this article, I’ll tell you about some best budget RGB motherboards that you’ll surely love using.
1. ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Motherboard
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Robust Power Solution: 14+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power even when push the CPU performance to the limit
- Optimized Thermal Design: Except comprehensive heatsink, heatpipe and fan headers, features low-noise AI cooling to balance thermals and acoustics by reducing fan speeds and maintaining a 5 Celsius delta
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802. 11 ax) and Intel 2. 5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 1. 4 and DisplayPort 1. 4 output, and featuring dual M. 2 , front panel USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C connector.Industry-leading Gaming Audio: High fidelity audio with the SupremeFX S1220A codec, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the game action.Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and Gen 2 addressable headers
I guess this is the Best Asus RGB motherboard, and there’s hardly any other motherboard that can compete with this monster! ASUS is using some latest features like AI cooling in this product.
Apart from that, they took care of your gaming sound experience too, using high fidelity audio technology. This is really something worthy, right? I mean, who would like it if your guns or shells sound like crackers?
This specially designed gaming motherboard will surely take your gaming experience to the next level.
- Robust Power Solution to provide reliable power even when the CPU is pushed to the performance limit.
- Specially Designed LGA 1200 socket specially designed to get the maximum performance of your 10th Gen Intel Core Processors, making it the best RGB motherboard for Intel PCs.
- Optimized Thermal Design to solve overheating problems.
- High-Performance Gaming Networking for multiplayer games.
- Best Gaming Audio for the best industry-level gaming experience.
- The AI overclocking feature could be better with more fine-tuning options.
- Installing process of the first M.2 SSD is a bit difficult.
2. MSI MEG Z490 Godlike Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB total (5000MHz)
- Triple Turbo M.2 with double-side M.2 Shield Frozr - transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s bandwidth, with M.2 XPANDER-Z GEN4 S accessory card adds two additional M.2 slots
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports on the rear panel provide up to 40GB/s transfer speed. Supports daisy chain configurations and 4K displays.
- On-board 10G super LAN plus 2.5G LAN with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
If you want to break the limits, you must check this one out! It is the Best MSI RGB gaming motherboard available in the market. You must need this motherboard inside your CPU if you want to have the smoothest experience of Gaming.
It’s powered by Intel 10th Gen Core processors, and the latest features like cutting-edge and aggressive cooling technologies have made this a divine motherboard in the world of gaming.
It also contains Thunderbolt ports, Turbo M.2 slots, and a built-in 10G Super LAN, which provides the extreme transfer speed for large downloads.
It also supports 4K streaming and gives you an intense experience of online gaming. In short, if you want to enjoy your game at the highest level, this is the motherboard you need.
- Processors Supported – 10th Gen Intel Core processors Pentium Gold/ Celeron processors with LGA 1200 socket.
- Higher Transfer Speed with 2X Thunderbolt ports on the rear panel.
- Latest Connectivity Technology – On-board 10G Super LAN along with 2.5G LAN with Wi-Fi 6 technology to increase your multiplayer mode experience to a higher level.
- Latest Heatsink Technology Powered with Frozr Heatsink and zero Frozr technology with active cooling system, MOSFET Backplates, and double ball bearings for high-performance heat dissipation to keep your CPU cool and reduce overheating problems.
- Expandable Memory up to 128GB.
- Adding M.2 drives to the slots under the surface of the multipart heat spreaders can be problematic at times.
- The Realtek Ethernet adapter can cause issues that might lead you to a disconnection while gaming.
3. ASRock Z490 Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 10 th Gen and future generation Intel Core TM Processors (Socket 1200)
- 10 Phase Dr.MOS Power Design
- Supports DDR4 4266MHz+ (OC)
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 (Key E) for WiFi
- AMD CrossFireX
Do you want to enjoy a faster connectivity experience and the best sound effects while gaming? This is what you should have!
You’ll enjoy a 7.1 channel sound experience with Nahimic 3D sound technologies. No matter whether you’re using speakers or headphones if you want the sound effect to bombard your ears, go for this one!
It supports SATA3 M.2 SSDs, which can give you 32GB/s transfer speed! Quite impressive!
Apart from that, a massive full coverage heatsink dissipates heat and keeps your SSD in its best condition. Focusing on the creative part, you can create your own and unique PC style by using the latest and addressable led headers of it. And don’t forget that it supports led sync too!
For all these reasons, this is obviously one of the best RGB gaming motherboards.
- Light Weight – The product weighs just 2.20lbs, which is much lighter than other motherboards.
- Memory – Contains 4 DDR4 RAM slots with maximum of 4266MHz speed—expandable memory up to 36GB.
- Contains Dr.MOS power design optimized for synchronous buck-set down voltage applications.
- Latest PCI-E graphics card interface
- Multi-GPU technology to connect up to 4 GPU with a single PC.
- This is just an entry-level Z490 board.
- Can have overclocking problems.
4. ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Motherboard
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Robust Power Solution: 12+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power when pushing CPU performance to the limit
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board Intel 2. 5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 1. 4 and DisplayPort 1. 4 output, and featuring dual M. 2, front panel USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C connector
This is another giant from the house of the ASUS Z490 series. It has all the features of the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E motherboard. Take your gaming experience to the next level with the latest AI technology for cooling, and immersive 7.1 channel surround sound technology.
This is also famous for its addressable RGB headers, by which you can connect light strips and create your own customized design with other peripherals like mouse, keyboard, etc. by syncing the stripes.
- It has an Intel LGA 1200 socket specially designed to get maximum performance out of the Intel 10th Gen Core processors.
- It has on-board Intel 2.5GB Ethernet along with ASUS LANGuard for higher performance of the gaming network.
- It has SupremeFX S1220A codec, Sonic Studio III, and DTS Sound Unbound to give you the perfect 7.1 channel surround sound.
- Its ProCool II power connector, alloy chokes, and capacitors gives it a robust power solution.
- Outstanding thermal design with latest VRM heatsink, , hybrid fan headers, M.2 heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink and Fan Xpert utility.
- The USB ports can stop working at times.
- Memory slots might stop working properly at times.
5. Gigabyte H470I AORUS PRO Motherboard
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- Direct 5+1 Phase Digital VRM Design solution with DrMOS
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 2DIMMs
- Extended MOSFET Heatsink and Multi-layered PCH M. 2 heatsink with heatpipes and thermal baseplate
- Supreme flexibility with Intel Optane memory ready
Do you want to build a small form factor PC and want the higher performance of it, and still are concerned about the aesthetics? Then this Gigabyte motherboard is what you need.
Designed to unleash the best performance of the latest 10th Gen CPU with dual slots for graphics cards, it makes your PC performance smoother than ever.
Its comprehensive thermal solution equipment keeps your PC cool even at the time of heavy workloads.
- LGA 1200 CPU socket designed for the best performance of Intel 10th Gen Core processors.
- PCI-E graphics card interface with dual slots.
- Supports latest DD4 RAMs.
- 2933MHz of memory speed.
- HDMI 2.0 ports to support premium 4K resolution.
- Certain orientations might cover the ram slots.
- Dimension may vary from what is written on the box.
6. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 64gb dual channel ddr4 memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by jedec, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz by a xmp oc mode
- Supports 2 way amd crossfire technology
- Mystic light and mystic light sync: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects in 1 click; synchronize rgb/rainbow strips and other rgb solutions for customization
- Ddr4 boost with steel armor: give your ddr4 memory a performance boost
Looking for the best RGB motherboard for Ryzen? Well, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard is the gear you need!
It supports both Windows 7 and Windows 10, can extend the memory to 64GB with 4 memory slots. It is compatible with Ryzen 1st Gen and supports 2 way and crossfire technology. It supports DDR4 RAM with steel armor, which gives your DDR4 memory a boost in its performance.
You can customize your PC by using its synchronized RGB/Rainbow stripes and other RGB solutions. You can get 16.8 million colors or 17 effects in just 1 click.
So if you prefer Ryzen processors, this one is the best AMD RGB motherboard that you can buy.
- 3466 MHz memory speed.
- AMD B450 Chipset.
- AM4 CPU socket.
- Realtek ALC1220 Codec for 7.1 high definition audio.
- PCI-E steel slots to protect VGA cards from bending.
- Can cause no-boot issue at the time of first boot.
- Might contain several BIOS issues.
7. MSI Prestige X570 RGB Motherboard
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- On-board Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) with MU-MIMO support it must be wi-fi 6 ax
- AUDIO BOOST 4 technology with NAHIMIC 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
- FROZR Heatsink with patented fan design – Propeller Blade Technology and double ball bearings
- Pre-Installed IO Shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment
This one is the best RGB x570 motherboard from the house of MSI. Made for AMD processors; this one supports the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen.
If you’re looking for a great audio experience while gaming, this one can surely fulfill your desire. It has AUDIO BOOST 4 technology along with NAHIMIC 3 software enhancement which gives you an immersive experience of audio effects.
It has one of the best thermal solutions too. FROZR Heatsink with Propeller Blade Technology and double ball bearings keep your PC cool even at the highest level of workload.
Using its RGB, RAINBOW, and CORSAIR LED connectors, you can customize your PC with light stripes by some of your unique and own design. This makes it one of the best RGB motherboards.
- Multi-GPU for 2-way NVIDIA SLI Technology, and 3 way AMD CrossFire Technology.
- 4X DDR4 memory slots. Memory can be expanded up to 128GB.
- Supports 2nd Gen with Radeon graphics and 2nd/3rd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics
- Realtek ALC1220 Codec for 7.1 Channel HD audio.
- Latest FROZR Heatsink with patented fan design for thermal solutions.
- Very large in size.
- Doesn’t have the BIOS flashback port.
8. ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear.
Another B450 series motherboard from ASUS. But is it different from the others?
The main difference is, this one is very reasonable to your pocket. With comprehensive cooling options, this board is surely one of the best RGB motherboards.
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F delivers you the performance you need to play any game. It offers more DDR4 memory stability too.
It also offers rich customization options to design your PC with synchronized lights.
- TR4 CPU socket.
- Supports AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen and AMD Athlon processors.
- 3200 MHz memory speed.
- Supports Windows 10.
- Integrated graphics card interface.
- Might have issues with SATA ports.
- Doesn’t have panel adapters.
9. MSI MPG B550 Gaming Motherboard
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Wi-Fi 6 AX Solution
- MYSTIC LIGHT: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2.AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences.Premium Thermal Solution: Extended heatsink with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper
This is a motherboard specially designed for gamers. This is an ATX motherboard that allows you to play fight games in multiplayer mode using its Wi-Fi connectivity. It has pre-installed I/O Shield and Mystic lights.
It gives you a 4866 MHz of memory speed. Now you can play any game smoothly without worrying about anything!
Oh! Did I mention its thermal solutions? Its extended Heatsink design keeps your PC cool no matter how much the workload is.
Overall, it’s surely a decent RGB motherboard available in the market that fulfills all your gaming needs.
- AM4 CPU socket.
- 4 Latest DDR4 memory slots.
- AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen processor compatible.
- Memory can be extended up to 128GB.
- PCI-E graphics card interface.
- RAM slots can be problematic at times.
- Might have an issue while updating for the 5000 series processors.
10. GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Xtreme Motherboard
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with 70A PowIRstage
- Thermal Reactive Armor - Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2 with Triple Thermal Guards
This one is one of the best X570 RGB motherboards you can use. Based on AMD X570 Chipset, it provides full support to the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors.
It provides you high-speed Ethernet and standard WiFi to play multiplayer games without a heck. Its newest and advanced thermal design gives you the best performance in keeping your PC cool.
It is boosted with AMD StoreMI technology too, to give you overall an enriched performance by accelerating the storage devices.
So if you’re a fan of AMD processors, this must be on the top of your list.
- AM4 CPU socket.
- AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen, AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen supported.
- 2 slots for DDR4 RAM. 4400 MHz memory speed.
- Supports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1.
- PCI-E graphics card interface.
- Larger in dimension than other typical ATX boards.
- A bit costly.
Best Motherboard Buying Guide
You need to inspect the configuration carefully before buying a motherboard for a gaming rig. Read this buyer’s guide before ordering one-
1. Chipset Support
Chipset is a must knowing as it determines the overclocking ability of your PC. Chipset helps you to know which parts are compatible with your system, and how many expansion cards you may use.
2. No. of Ram Slot
It’s very important for you know the no of ram slots your motherboard has. The trending motherboards in the market usually have 3 ram slots. But the high-end motherboards have 4., and if your budget is high, you can go for the motherboards, which have 8 slots.
You can check it by opening the window Task Manager and then by pressing the Windows key. Just write Task manager and press enter. When the window appears, click on Performance Tab and then on Memory. You can see your no of ram slots in the lower right corner.
You must be wondering what port you should use for gaming, right? Well, both standard of ports are capable for delivering an enhanced gaming experience, but you can look for the Display ports for better experience. DisplayPort 1.4 is usually better than HDMI 2.0.
4. GPU Support
The next thing you should know is about the Graphics Processing Unit. You can buy a GPU with 2GB. But a pro gamer should aim for at least 4GB of GPU Ram.
5. Storage Interface
For the storage interface, I can suggest you an SSD, in the 500GB to 1,000GB with at least 2 TB of HDD storage. You can have one fast drive for important tasks and a slower one for long-term storage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which Parts Are Best For Gaming PC?
You can find the parts that are best for the gaming PCs: Motherboard, CPU, GPU, Storage, Memory, Case, Power Supply, OS
Why Motherboard is Important for Gaming PC?
When you buy a more “high-end” motherboard, it gives better overclocking qualities for the processor and for the RAM too.
How Can the 4 RAM Slots be Used?
Do buy the matched pairs of RAM: 2 sticks from the same company, same speed, and the same capacity. Never put any RAM into any slot. That won’t work, actually.
Experience the next-level gaming!
These are the best motherboard mentioned above with all their features with a complete buying guide. But among all these, pro gamers usually recommend and rely on ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E motherboard, MSI MEG Z490 Godlike Gaming Motherboard, and ASRock Z490 Gaming Motherboard as these boards give the best performance and next-level experience of gaming.
I guess now you can choose your board wisely after knowing about all of them. And having the gamers’ recommendation, I’m sure you’ll have an outstanding experience of gaming. All the best! Happy gaming!