Gone are the days when laptops used to start at $1,000 plus and just sky rocket upwards in price. These days best laptops under 200 are realistic and great buy if you choose carefully.
Now you could go even lower and look at cheap laptops under 100, but really you would be pushing your luck a little. Most of these are not true laptops anyway but notepads and netbooks. So lets stick to the budget of 200 and see what we can get.
So where to start looking for a good cheap laptop for sale under $200?
Well lets go the sensible route and check out buying a new one. Most of you are going to feel more comfortable with that and the real pleasure of unwrapping fresh packaging cant be beat. No were now entering Shades of Grey territory here, but you know what I mean. Lets start by taking a look at the best buy laptop for under 200 and see what they can do.
Okay the first thing you will notice is that there are 3 things to get straight in your head:
- Its about compromise. You wont get the top of the range Nvidia Graphics chipset so forget it.
- Its about the build. The top brand new laptops for sale under 200 mix components together correctly so they aid each other getting the maximum performance.
- Match the laptop to the tasks. You dont need the graphics power if it’s a business or office PC
So what are the top 7 best cheap laptops for sale under 200? Let’s check this out !
Best Cheap Laptops Under $200 2017 – 7 Picks
Laptop Price and Spec Comparison Chart
|HP Stream Laptop PC 11-y010nr||11.6 Inches||1.6GHz||4GB||-||Check at Amazon|
|ASUS VivoBook E200HA-US01-GD Laptop||11.6 Inches||1.4 GHz||4GB||32GB||Check at Amazon|
|HP 14-an013nr Laptop||14 Inches||1.8 GHz||4GB||32 GB||Check at Amazon|
|Lenovo Ideapad 300||11.6 Inches||1.4 GHz||2GB||16GB||Check at Amazon|
|Samsung Chromebook 3 Laptop||11.6 Inches||2.16 GHz||4 GB||16 GB||Check at Amazon|
|Acer Chromebook CB3-131-C3SZ||11.6 Inches||2.16 GHz||2GB||16GB||Check at Amazon|
|ASUS C201 Chromebook||11.6 Inches||1.8GHz||2GB||16GB||Check at Amazon|
HP Stream Laptop PC 11-y010nr
This laptop had already come to be accepted by the students popularly. With a preloaded Windows 10 and a one-year full subscription of Office 365, this one is a must have.
The features of the laptop are as follows:
• Intel Celeron N3050 1.6 GHz processor
• Windows 10 along with Office 365 preloaded
• 32 GB solid state drive without any optical drive
• 11.6-inch screen with resolution of 1366 x 768 pixel
ASUS VivoBook E200HA-US01-GD Laptop
This laptop is one of the cheapest laptops available in the market. Having a RAM of 2 GB and a 32 GB Hard drive, you shall be absolutely free from any worries of the laptop getting hung all of a sudden. Here are the features of the laptop:
• Preloaded Windows 10 and a full 1-year subscription of Office 365
• It weighs 2.2 lbs
• Its 11.6 inches will definitely suit your need to travel with it wherever you go
• Intel QuadCore Atom ™ Processor
• Wonderful battery backup with a whopping 13 hours of video playback
• Supports Wi-Fi along with Multiuser functionality
HP 14-an013nr Laptop
This laptop is one of the best small screen laptops you will ever set your eyes upon. This 14-inch screened laptop has the following features:
• Windows 10 Preloaded
• AMD E2-7110 QC with 1.8 GHz QuadCore Processor
• Full HD 14-inch screen with a LED backlit and a resolution of 1920 x 1080
• A DDR3L- SDRAM Memory of 4 GB
• Solid state flash memory
Acer C720-2103 Chrome Book Laptop
If you are looking for some laptop that is the best of its kind and is darn cheap within a range of $200, you should be considering this laptop over any others in the market. The following are the specifications:
• The Laptop has an Intel Celeron 2995 U 1.4 GHz Processor
• 1366 x 768 LED Display on an 11.6 inch
• Comes preloaded with Chrome OS
• Memory types DDR3L SDRAM of 2 GB
• Solid state flashes Memory
Samsung Chromebook 3 Laptop
This laptop is a new introduction in the market and has already shown signs to be promising enough. The best part of this laptop is that it is very easily portable because of its light weight. Here are some more specifications as follows:
• Celeron N3050 1.6 GHz
• The name of the laptop itself suggests that it has Google chrome installed right from its manufacturing date
• Solid state Drive of 16.0 GB
• A fantastic screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels
• 2 GB DDR3 RAM
• 802.11 A/C Wi-Fi
Acer Chromebook CB3-131-C3SZ – Best Laptops For College Students
This is the best laptop for college students under 200. With a lightweight body and a huge battery life of a whopping9 hours, you can take it absolutely wherever you travel. Here are some of the features that make it a noteworthy laptop:
• Intel Celeron N2840 of 2.16 GHz
• An internal storage of 16 GB
• Preinstalled Google Chrome
• RAM type: DDR3L SDRAM of 2 GB
• Clamshell style
• 802.11 A/C Wi-Fi
• Its weight is only 2.4 lbs
• Solid State Flash Hard Drive
ASUS C201 Chromebook
This is one of the best cheap laptops that come under the price range of $200. Here are some of the features that make this ASUS laptop very commendable:
• You can edit or read Ms. Office Files with the help of QuickOffice editor or else Google Docs. You can also download a free version of Microsoft office online.
• This comes without any CD or DVD Drive. However, you can enjoy the privilege of a Solid State Drive of 16 GB.
• The laptop supports Chrome Operating System
• It possesses a Rockchip QuadCore Processor of 1.8 GHz and a DDR3 RAM of 2 GB.
• The laptop has a LED screen of 11.6 inches that comes with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels
• Bluetooth 4.0 version supports faster data transfer.
The Safety Tips For Buying Used Laptops For Sale Under $200?
- Know What You Want. Is this a gaming machine, a business asset, general personal computing fun or for helping process your pictures and social networking? Each has their own demands and criteria. A way to help is to check out some of the best buy list for the category of used laptops you want. Because, you should be able to find a lot of these top laptops at a fraction of the price, when buying refurbished or used.
- Buying At The Right Place. To be honest this is where you do need to be careful. Do not buy from Craigslist. Craigslist is not what it used to be when it started out and is more like jumping in a shark pool covered in juicy steaks. EBay is a mixed bag as eBay themselves are not very good at policing their own platform. At the moment one of the best places is Amazon. Everything is nicely laid out and easy to find. The used laptops are rated, you can see the reviews on the new machines to check, the sellers all have ratings and they all have to have clear shipping and return policies
- Test It. When you see that cheap laptop for sale under $200 and break out the greens one day it will arrive. Test everything, or get someone who knows what they’re doing to help. Inspect the cosmetics first. So look for cracks and scratches on the case and screen that are more that fair wear and tear that you should have been told about. Test the ports, hard drive CD/DVD drive, the power pack, the boot up. Get it virus scanned and screened, make sure the hard drive is empty and get someone to check the components from Windows own tools to see you got what you paid for.
- Enjoy it. So there you have it. How to buy a red hot laptop for a fraction of the asking price? Sorry, didn’t I say that? Of course you thought this was going to be about how to buy cheap laptops for sale under 200. Just goes to show that if you persist you can get a lot more value and benefits than at first appearances.
Ways to Find Great Cheap Laptops Under 200
Laptops are increasingly popular and are becoming an essential communication tools in the modern world. Today laptops are getting smaller, lighter, more powerful and most importantly laptops are getting cheaper. Although the prices are falling brand new laptops under 200 dollars are hard to come by. This will eventually happen eventually but not for a while yet.
If your in a situation where your on a tight budget and $200 is all you can afford to spend then, there are other options to getting cheaper laptops. For under $200 your best bet is to consider either refurbished or used laptops.
- Refurbished laptops are older models that manufacturers recondition and reformat to bring it up to the condition they were when new. Manufacturers test all the hardware and software to identify what needs to be replaced. Because the cost of refurbishing a laptop is much cheaper manufacturers can sell these at lower costs. Today there are many online companies springing up all over the net that specialize solely in selling refurbished laptops, notebooks and PC’s. In the current economic climate many computer manufacturers are focusing on the refurbishing side of their business as a more cost effective strategy. The first step would be to approach the manufacturers because they will give you a warranty on refurbished models.
- Used laptops are basically second hand and are being sold on by the original user(s) because they are either upgrading to more powerful laptops or because their needs are changing. Because computer technology is moving at lightning speed the latest and most powerful laptops of the month can become outdated the following month. Like cars laptops and computers devalue very quickly once they leave the shelves.
- For the laptop buyer on a budget this is good news because you can pick up laptops under $200 at a fraction of their original price. The downside is that you need to be careful from whom you buy and use your due diligence to ensure your not being sold a dud. You will also have to understand that in most cases the warranties on used laptops are void. Ebay is one of the most popular online markets to buy your laptop for under 200 dollars. If you see one that is within your budget check out the sellers history, terms and conditions. If the seller has many positive ratings it is usually a good indication that they are reliable and trustworthy.
- Another good way of picking up a laptop that costs less than 200 is to check out the the high street. These days the shops are always having sales and this is very true of the laptop market. Because computers and laptops become outdated very quickly many retailers are constantly renewing and off loading their stock. For the consumer this can offer excellent opportunities to pick up a bargain. The best way to do this is to check out your local computers stores and shops on the high street and compare the different models and prices. Speak to the sales staff to find out what deals and discount packages there offering. Sometimes you they may include wireless routers and added software.
- Then check out and compare the models and prices online. More than likely the online stores are cheaper than the high street because they have less overheads to pay and this means they can transfer these saving into cheaper prices for the consumer. Also, checkout the online comparison sites. These sites are very convenient because you can see a whole range of laptops at once and you can tailor your search based on price, make, model etc which, saves a lot of time.
- Last but not least, another way of finding best laptops under 200 is looking at the discounted coupon promotions that many companies use to sell cars, insurance and vacations. Sometimes you might get lucky and get best cheap laptop under 300 for free with your summer holiday.